Why choose Elliott Booth?

Here are some of the reasons so many landlords trust Elliott Booth to let and manage their properties:

◾We are Accredited members of  United Kingdom Association of Letting Agents (UKALA) . The UK Association of Letting Agents is a trade association which requires members to follow a strict code of practice and also gives you Client Money Protection. Elliott Booth are an Accredited member which means that an established knowledge base of the Letting of property has to be achieved and maintained. We use The Deposit Protection Service and an approved Ombudsmen Redress scheme.

◾We advertise and market on all major internet portals including Rightmove, Zoopla and On The Market.com.

◾Our thorough vetting service ensures that we find the very best tenant for you. We obtain both landlord and work references along with checking for adverse credit and ensuring that the applicant can afford the property.

◾All successful applicants are offered with an optional rent guarantee. You can be rest assured that your rent is paid every month and should you wish to evict a tenant, all your eviction fees are covered with no excess to pay. If your tenant doesn’t pay, you still get paid.

◾We look after you every step of the way starting from the moment we advertise your property. This includes providing you and guiding you with legal advice with our managed service, thorough tenant vetting, regular property inspections with feedback communicated to you, 24/7 emergency call to ensure your property is managed at all times

◾We have worked for many years with a team of trusted trades people who all hold professional indemnity insurance. They too are small independent trades people who care about your property.

◾We are competitively priced with no hidden fees



Fully Managed

The cost of our fully managed service is a one off payment of £299 +VAT, which is deducted from the first month’s rent when the tenant signs up for the advertising and the setting up of the tenancy. Following the first payment, 10% +VAT  is taken from each month’s rent collected thereafter.

If you choose our fully managed service, we will:

Effectively promote your property

Our in-house marketing team will professionally advertise and promote your property to ensure it receives maximum exposure. We will do this using our own website, Rightmove and Zoopla, along with our social media channels and window adverts and provide a To Let Board.

Identify suitable tenants:

We will carry out accompanied viewings and detailed background checks of all potential Lead tenants.

We will prepare an inventory listing the condition of the property.

We will organise the move in at the start of the tenancy.

Prepare and sign on the Landlords behalf a 6 month assured short hold tenancy agreement and associated paperwork in line with current legislation.

Place any deposit collected in a government approved deposit protection scheme, Elliott Booth use The Deposit Protection Service.

Look after the day-to-day management:

Our experienced staff will carry out regular property inspections, and will provide inspection reports and inventory records on request. We have access to a range of qualified contractors, and can obtain quotes and oversee all work on your behalf. Elliott Booth are commission free for repairs which means as the landlord you are only charged for the cost of the repair, we do not add a surcharge.

We also provide an out-of-hours emergency service to tenants.

Take care of the finances:

We will handle the monthly collection of rent, and will deal with all non-payment issues. We will look after all aspects of collecting and returning deposits. In addition, we can arrange rent guarantee insurance for you.

We will provide monthly statements and end-of-year accounts on request, and if you live overseas, we can liaise with HMRC on your behalf once you have registered as a Non Resident Landlord.


Let Only

If you are an experienced landlord or have multiple properties and are happy dealing with your tenants on a daily basis then the let-only service is perfect for you. We will deal with all the legalities, market your property and carry out viewings on potential tenants. Once your property is let, you will handle the day-to-day management of the property.

The cost of our Let Only service is a one off payment of £349 +VAT, which is deducted from the first month’s rent when the tenant signs up for the advertising and the setting up of the tenancy or payable upfront at the point of instruction.



Rent Collection Only

This is ideal if you would like a reliable rent collection service and help with end-of-year accounts. We will handle the monthly collection of rent for your property, and will deal any issues of non-payment.

Our monthly statements make it easy for you to keep track of your finances. Taking the hassle out of end-of-year accounts, we will also provide annual tax statements for your accountants on request.

The cost of our Rent Collection Only service  is a one off payment of £299 +VAT, which is deducted from the first month’s rent when the tenant signs up for the advertising and the setting up of the tenancy or payable upfront at the point of instruction, and 8% +VAT of the rent collected thereafter.




Right To Rent

If you are renting out your home or a room in your home, you must check that anyone aged 18 or over, who is living in the property, is legally entitled to rent a home in England. This includes people living in the property but not named on the tenancy agreement, and applies whether or not you have a tenancy agreement in place.   This scheme was made compulsory on 1 February 2016, and required all landlords and agents to:

  • Check which adults will use the property as their main home
  • Ask for original documents that prove they can live in the UK
  • Check that the documents give them the right to rent your property
  • Check that each tenant’s documents are genuine and belong to them
  • Make and keep copies of the documents and record the date you made the check.

You can receive an unlimited fine or be sent to prison if you rent your property to someone who isn’t allowed to stay in England. It is against the law to only check people you think aren’t British citizens. You must check all new tenants. You can find more information on the Right to Rent scheme on the government website.

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) requirements

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years. Energy Performance Certificates are needed whenever a property is:

  • Built
  • Sold
  • Rented

You must order an EPC for potential buyers or tenants before you market your property to sell or rent. How to get an EPC: You’ll need to find an accredited assessor if you’re selling or renting out your home. They will assess your property and produce the certificate. You can be fined if you don’t get an EPC when you need one. From the 1 April 2018, any property for rent in the private rented sector must have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). This regulation will come into force for all new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1 April 2018, and for all existing tenancies on 1 April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which does not have a minimum E rating. You could receive a fine of up to £4,000 if your property does not meet this requirement. We can arrange for an accredited assessor to assess your home and produce a certificate, and will advise on how much it is likely to cost.


You must ensure that all electrical appliances in the property are working and safe, and that freestanding electrical appliances are PAT tested. It is a legal requirement for the electrics in a property to be safe to use. Elliott Booth recommend that a Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) is carried out, and a certificate is obtained, prior to renting out your property and at least every 5 years thereafter. We can arrange these for you, and can advise on how much it is likely to cost.


All landlords must have specialist landlord building insurance, which must include public and landlord liability cover. We recommend Let Alliance for your insurance, and have worked with them for many years. You must also insure the contents of the property, where appropriate, and notify the insurance company if and when the property becomes empty. If you have a mortgage on your rental property, you must obtain permission from your mortgage provider to rent your property out.

Gas Servicing

You must arrange for a registered Gas Safe heating engineer to inspect all appliances and issue a certificate on an annual basis. We can arrange this for you, and can advise how much it is likely to cost.

Fire Safety

You must ensure that you have working smoke detectors on all floors (we will check this at every property inspection for full managed tenancies). Elliott Booth recommend mains powered smoke detectors and heat sensors.  You must also ensure that all furnishings are fire resistant and comply with the regulations set out in the Fire Safety Amendment 1993. You must have a carbon monoxide detector for all open fires/ stoves or boilers situated in sleeping or living areas. If your property is classed as a House of Multiple Occupation by LACoRS, it must have a fire assessment report, and all the work that is stated in the report must be completed within a given time period. We can assist with this.

Water Safety

It is a requirement that any water systems that may carry a threat of legionnaire’s disease have a risk assessment carried out. There is no legal requirement for an external agency to conduct the risk assessment, if however, you would rather Elliott Booth appoint a contractor to carry out this assessment we can arrange this on request.

General Advice

Ensure your property is protected against frost, particularly if it is empty over the winter period (we can advise on how best to do this).   You are required by law to have your boiler checked for safety. It is also good practice to have your boiler serviced annually to prevent against costly repairs and breakdowns.   If your property is in an area covered by the Selective Licensing Scheme, you must register the property with Blackpool Borough Council and the appropriate licence obtained (we can assist with this on request).